There will be thousands of Americans celebrating our country’s freedom this weekend. Independence Day often is celebrated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, concerts, and ceremonies. However, let us not forget large public celebrations, such as the Fourth of July, increase the demands of sex trafficking. Thousands of precious children and women will be violated in unimaginable ways as slaves held captive in sex trafficking. These captives long to experience freedom again.
Did You Know…
• Human trafficking generates $9.5 billion yearly in the United States. (United Nations)
• Approximately 300,000 children are at risk of being prostituted in the United States. (U.S. Department of Justice)
• The average age of entry into prostitution for a child victim in the United States is 13-14 years old. (U.S. Department of Justice)
• A pimp can make $150,000-$200,000 per child each year and the average pimp has 4 to 6 girls. (U.S. Justice Department, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)
• The average victim may be forced to have sex up to 20-48 times a day. (Polaris Project)
• One in three teens on the street will be lured toward prostitution within 48 hours of leaving home. (National Runaway Hotline)
- There are more slaves in the world today than at any other point in human history, with an estimated 27 million in bondage across the globe.
Take action; pray, volunteer, raise awareness, donate…
The Good News of Salvation Isaiah 61:1 (NKJV)
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound.
Won’t you help to loose the chains of injustice?
Join the conversation! I invite your comments and hope you will recommend my site to other broken people.