Is your heart full of anticipated hope for a desired dream? You have been waiting faithfully for the answer, but you wonder why it is taking so long.
When you do not see the answer to your prayers, your hope can become deferred. In Hebrew, the word deferred means to drag. Your hope has not failed, but the time of waiting can become frustrating and disappointing. You start to question God’s love for you and you may even come up with your own plans to help God along. But, wait – hope deferred does not mean hope denied.
So how do we guard our hearts against a hope deferred?
• Our hope must be based on the unfailing, amazing love of God for us. 1 John 4:19
• Keep your eyes on Jesus and not on your circumstances. Hebrews 12:2
• God’s timing, is not your timing. 2 Corinthians 6:2
• God will work all things together for your good. Romans 8:28
• Know that we live in a sinful world and our plans may not come together in the way we envisioned them. Proverbs 16:9
We must learn to wait on the Lord, trust Him and we will find the true fulfillment of our desires. Jesus is our Tree of Life!
Join the conversation! I invite your comments and hope you will recommend my site to other broken people.