- You can’t trust Him without faith. Do you have faith in His love for you? Do you believe He is really listening to you? He wants to take care of you! Listen to the Word in John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- Tell your heart not to worry. I know doubts swarm around in our heads and it will take an intentional decision to choose to trust God. You may have to remind yourself daily of your decision, but decide to believe.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- Take your thoughts captive. Positive thoughts are full of faith and hope. Negative thoughts are full of fear and doubt. Beware Satan will try to discourage us. The answer – Focus on Jesus, He is the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Read your Bible on a regular basis. Become familiar with the promises of God. Be reminded of God’s love, His redemption, His restoration, and His encouragement to trust Him.
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 110:105
- Trust God through the trials. Jesus told us in John 16:33,
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
- Do Not Fear. The Lord is with you. If you are anxious, make your requests known to God. Philippians 4:6
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- Don’t Give Up. Lean on God’s grace. Cast your cares upon God.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
Thank you, Lord, by abiding in your word, the truth will set us free!
Join the conversation – If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe and recommend my site to other broken people! I appreciate your comments – What does trusting God mean to you?
Thanks for Sharing! Follow me on Twitter: @Maureen_Hager
Like my Facebook Page: Maureen Hager – Out of the Brokenness
View my Pinterest Boards: Maureen Hager
Love and Blessings,