Two weeks ago the news was filled with reports of biker gang shootouts in Waco, TX. Viewers were given a glimpse into biker culture.
The U.S. Department of Justice defines Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (OMGs) as organizations whose members use their motorcycle clubs as conduits for criminal enterprises. OMGs are highly structured criminal organizations whose members engage in criminal activities such as violent crime, weapons trafficking, and drug trafficking. (Read More: Gangs in America)
You may ask how can Jesus love bikers?
- He came to seek the lost – For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost (Matthew 18:11)
- In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (Ephesians 1:7)
- He desires for all men to experience abundant life – The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10)
- We all have gone astray – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
- Salvation is for all mankind – Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me (Revelation 3:20)
I once lived inside the world of biker gangs and became a wounded victim in a biker gang war. A painful journey through emotional, spiritual and physical trauma led me to an encounter with God’s transforming love. (Read: My Testimony)
I’m so glad that Jesus meets us where we are. He didn’t ask me to change before I came to Him. All he wanted was for me to trust Him with my life. He offers His abundant love, His amazing grace, and His endless mercy to anyone who will receive it – and that includes bikers!
Is there someone in your life you are praying for that seems too far away from Jesus? In your heart you wonder could they ever be saved? Keep praying; I am so grateful that someone prayed for me!
Prayer – Lord, thank you that we can confess our sins and you are faithful to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
Join the conversation – If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe! I appreciate your comments and I hope you will recommend my site to other broken people.
Love and Blessings,